Under general supervision, the Welder Helper performs any combination of following duties to assist workers in
welding components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions. Moves workpieces, tools and supplies.
• Lifts, moves and holds, or clamps workpieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed, manually or
by using crane, pry bars, wrenches, hammer and wedges.
• Cleans workpieces to remove impurities, such as slag, rust and grease, using wire brush, portable grinder,
hand scraper or chemical solution.
• Ability to stand for up to 10 hours per day.
• The ability to operate a forklift and crane.
• Minimum of one year experience operating a forklift.
• Basic blueprint reading skills
• Basic math skills
• Ability to read and use a tape measure.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to safety.
• Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED
• Must be able to lift to 50 lbs
• Must pass pre-employment and random drug screen
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to
perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by
It is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status,
citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
law. In addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.